Recently, I had a friend of mine who just got dumped by her boyfriend and she really took it hard. They had been together for a months. This is for her (Ling Taporco) and to anyone who have broken hearts.
1. Cry. I know some guys (and even some girls) don’t like the idea of crying but if you’re alone or with a close friend and you want to cry, and then let it out. I cried sometimes alone. I felt better once I got it all out.
2. You’re going to feel depressed, sad, lonely, angry, and upset, but remember that you had a life before you met this person and it’s up to you get it back.
3. Surround yourself around those who love you. Whether it’s family or friends, go be around the people who are lovely, supportive, and treat you well. Trust that when you’re around positive people, it’ll rub off on you.
4. Stalker Mode. We get into this mode where we want to see how the Ex is doing and whether that person is miserable like you. Don’t! If you want to move on from this person, then it means no contact at all! If he or she calls you, resist picking up the phone. It’s hard at first because your heart wants that person but it’s better to let go.
4. Time to recover. It’s hard to pick up your life after the person you loved has done you wrong or didn’t want you anymore or for whatever reason. But it’s not the end of your life… it’s just a new chapter. Remember, it’s up to you to ensure your own happiness. The person that you were with was just a part of it, the rest was your own. Don’t rush to jump into another relationship but take time to take care of your feelings, your emotions and your well-being. No one else is going to do it for you. Be a little selfish.
5. Don’t put the past on the next guy or girl. So you’re about to start dating again, and this person is great in every aspect but then you wonder “Is he or she going to treat me like my ex did me?” TIME OUT! Look, your ex did you wrong or left, yes, but you can’t predict that the next person is going to do the same thing to you. If you feel a little uneasy about it, then just take your time to know the person for awhile. Also, don’t bring up your past relationships so soon. It’s best to not mention them right away. But if you believe every guy or every girl is the same, then you’re bit dumb. Not every person is the same, so don’t expect the next person to be. (unless you’re attracted to those type of people).
6. Don’t forget. You’ve been hurt and heartbroken and you’ve been able to move on, but don’t forget. You loved the person, had good times, and bad times but in the end, it didn’t work. We all have gone through a broken heart and we have hurt beyond what words can express but the pain will ease with time but it has a place so you won’t forget it.
I’m not saying this is the only way to mend a broken heart because there are other ways but i’m just sharing how I was about to mend mine. Regardless, there’s one thing that is for sure, heartbreaks are never easy to mend or get over but if you want to move on then it’s up to you to move on. It will take time but eventually, after the tears, sadness, anger, and every emotion you go through eases, you’ll be fine. So… with that I hope this may help at least one person…